After a period of playing baseball, your baseball bat will appear scratched and dirty. They make your baseball bat look old. So, how to clean baseball bats? In this article, we will show you how to refresh your baseball bat.
Summary of Content
How do we clean our bats?
To keep your baseball bat clean, we must clean it after each use. This helps keep your bat new and more durable. Cleaning with alcohol is the best way to clean baseball bats. The steps are as follows
- Step 1: First, you take a soft cloth towel. Wet it with alcohol. Use a towel to wipe from top to bottom of the handle. You must make sure to wipe off all the stains on the bat. In particular, pay attention to the handle area because this is an easy place to accumulate dirt and sweat.
- Step 2: With scratches on the bat, rub a piece of bone or a piece of wood on it. This helps smooth out scratches. The surface of the baseball bat will be softer and harder to stain.
- Step 3: After you wipe all the stains on the stick, use another clean towel to dry it. You continue to wipe the top down to make sure the bat is no longer wet.
- Step 4: Keep the baseball bat dry and cool. Please store it upright in a place where there is no moisture. Your baseball bat will always be clean for the next use.
Cleaning with alcohol is the best way to clean baseball bats
How to clean a baseball bat depending on the material?
Aluminum, composite, and wood are the three most common materials for baseball bats. Depending on the material of the bat, you will need to keep a few things in mind when cleaning. We will show you how to clean both wooden and aluminum or composite bats in detail.
Composite or aluminum baseball bat
You need to prepare some tools such as cotton cloth, bleach-free soap, warm water, and magic Erase. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Use a clean cloth to wipe the stains on the bat.
- Step 2: Clean harder stains with a mixture of soap and warm water.
- Step 3: If the soap mixture has not cleaned them yet. Let’s use Magic Erase.
- Step 4: Rinse the bat with water to remove all soap and Magic Erase.
- Step 5: Dry the baseball bat with a towel.
You must be aware that strong cleaning agents must not be used with composite or aluminum baseball bats. Because these substances will oxidize and corrode metals.
Strong cleaners will corrode composite or aluminum baseball bats
Wooden baseball bat
To clean a wooden baseball bat, you need to prepare a few things such as cloth, alcohol, wood polish, and sandpaper. It’s very simple to do as follows:
- Step 1: Clean the stains from the clubhead to the handle with a soft cloth.
- Step 2: Wet the towel and wipe it again. You must not immerse the wooden stick in water. This will allow water to seep into the baseball bat.
- Step 3: For stubborn stains, use alcohol to soak the towel and wipe it.
- Step 4: Use sandpaper to smooth the scratches.
- Step 5: Re-polish the baseball bat to give it a new look. The club can become soft and weak if you hit the ball too much.
- Step 6: Dry the bat and store it in a cool and dry place.
You should polish the surface of a wooden baseball bat by re-polishing it
Does a Clean Bat Matter?
Cleaning a baseball bat is very important to a professional baseball player. If you keep your baseball bat dirty and scratched, it won’t perform well when hitting the ball. Stains and scratches on the bat will reduce the bat’s grip on the ball. The ball may slide when it hits the full bat. The force the player hits will have little effect on the ball. The ball will not be able to have the speed you want. So you have to clean the baseball bat for it to work at its best.
Above is how to clean baseball bat that we have shown you. We believe your baseball bat will stay new and last longer if you follow these ways. Hope you will satisfy your passion for baseball.